Development Server

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

One tool that would be useful for this project would a server to test, develop and demo on, even better a server capable of runnin a number of VPS for testing different versions of exchange etc. If anyone knows any providers who would be willing to provide a server either discounted, or preferably free, let me know. Obviously these providers may be looking to offer their own Exchange services in the future and be in need of a control panel, assisting our development is only going to get that quicker!

Developer
Sep 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Well the scope of this project can only be Exchange 2007 and when Exchange 2010 is released that as well since Exchange 2003 does not support PowerShell. I could see that there might be differences for those that have IIS running on a Windows Server 2003/R2 versus a Windows Server 2008/R2 install.

I certainly don't have this to offer. I have a live environment that I can partition off some parts for testing but that is all.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Yep, I agree that we are only really looking at Exchange 2007 and 2010. Ideally we would have a couple of test vm's and some demo vm's to show off what we have done. I am investigating some options in this area.

An option that may be useful for demoing or group testing etc may be to use a cloud server setup. Creating a standard Exchange image and spinning it up for the time we need, so only paying for that time.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Sam Cogan <mail@samcogan.com> wrote:
An option that may be useful for demoing or group testing etc may be to use a cloud server setup. Creating a standard Exchange image and spinning it up for the time we need, so only paying for that time.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Sam Cogan <mail@samcogan.com> wrote:
Yep, I agree that we are only really looking at Exchange 2007 and 2010. Ideally we would have a couple of test vm's and some demo vm's to show off what we have done. I am investigating some options in this area.

Sam

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM, leonhedding <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well the scope of this project can only be Exchange 2007 and when Exchange 2010 is released that as well since Exchange 2003 does not support PowerShell. I could see that there might be differences for those that have IIS running on a Windows Server 2003/R2 versus a Windows Server 2008/R2 install.

I certainly don't have this to offer. I have a live environment that I can partition off some parts for testing but that is all.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ECP@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ECP@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com