Welcome to ECP

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Hi, if your here your obviously interested in an open source control panel for Exchange. I know there alot of people out there who want to be able to administer their Exchange server from a web based control panel. Be it for hosting, or just for business to allow users to administer their own accounts, but many of these companys can't afford the prices for the commercial panels. I also know alot of people want to be able to adapt these panels to their own needs, but can't because of their closed source.

This project aims to meet both of these requirements. I hope to start by builing a simple panel to do the very basic operations in Exchange, and start to build on these as time goes on. I'm hoping to attract some interested people who can help get this project moving and start releasing some code.

So if your interested in this project, please do join the team and hopefully we can get moving.

Developer
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Sam, I would be quite interested in participating in this project. I have plans already to create something similar as well. If we can help we would be keen on doing that.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Hi Leon, glad to hear your interested and would love to have you on board. I'll add you to the project and we can hopefully get things rolling soon (im moving house at the min so may be a little while!)

Developer
Sep 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Hi Sam, I am Johan and I've just started working with Leon to develop a solution similar to what you have outlined for this project. If all goes as planned I'll be working full time for up to a year with this, so it would be great to be a part of this project.

I have no previous experience with C#, ASP.NET, AD, Exchange or PowerShell, except from the three last weeks when I have tried to learn as much as possible about it all. However, I have fair share of C++, PHP, bash and HTML experience and I have a whole year to learn all I have to. Seeing the code you have so far will probably help a lot.

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Hi, and welcome to the project.
As far as code goes, i've not got to much on this project, however this project stems from an application I wrote for my university dissertation, which was a control panel for Exchange, designed for small bussiness. It works, however its not really suitible for Hosting, mainly due to the fact that if you have multiple people using it at the same time then the powershell interactions become a bottleneck, therfore one of the major aims for this project is to build an effecient system to run the powershell commands.

Anyway, i'm happy to put up the code that I created for my disseration, and put up a demo site so you can see it running, but please bear in mind this code was written for university, as a learning experience, so its not all pretty and some if it is probabley not the best way to do things, but it works.